To Learn About A Common Health Problem Through The Shared Experiences Of A Health Care Professional
Clayton State University
School of Nursing
HLTH 3201 Pathophysiology
Objective: To learn about a common health problem through the shared experiences of a health care professional.
- Find a health care professional (either a nurse [RN] or nurse practitioner, or a physician [MD]) that you can interview for about 15-20 minutes. During this interview, you will ask them to identify a patient health care condition/problem (ie pathophysiology condition) that is commonly seen in their practice. Focus on the health care problem; this interview is NOT about a single patient or individual.
- In your paper, you will describe the health care condition/problem (ie pathophysiology condition) as it was explained to you by the health care professional. Include the name, the organization/agency name where the health care professional works and position/title of the health care professional that you interviewed. Explain why the health care professional has identified this problem in their practice.
- Describe the etiology (cause), incidence (how often it occurs), prevalence (how many people it affects), pathophysiology (how this disease impacts the body), signs/symptoms, common treatments, and prognosis (outcomes). You should use your textbook as a reference and other scholarly references as needed. A scholarly reference is one that was written in a professional healthcare publication by a health care professional. Wiki and general online dictionaries and encyclopedias are not scholarly publications. Use websites with caution, as you still need to have an author and a year to cite in your paper. A website is never cited in the paper as the source, only on the reference page at the tail end of the reference.
- A dictionary does not provide enough information that is required, so you are not encouraged to use that as a resource for this section of the paper. Be sure to cite all references according to APA format, 6th If you use a direct quote, quote marks should appear around quoted text. Personal communication, as you will obtain during an interview, is cited in your paper according to APA formatting. Be sure to look this up and cite as listed in the style manual.
- Include the number (as listed below) and title of each section in your paper as shown below, so that it can be easily graded. Papers that do not follow the correct format will not be accepted. This paper should be no more than 3-4 pages of text, not counting the cover and reference pages.
- Include a reference page, in APA format.
- Include a cover page, with student name, class name, due date and project name, centered in the middle of the page.
- Staple pages together to submit. Do not put paper in a fancy folder or cover. Staple at home. A stapler will not be available in the classroom.
- Paper is to be submitted via Georgia View email by the specified date and time. The penalty for late papers is listed in the course syllabus.
A note about plagiarism
Plagiarism is the use of another’s words, by either summarizing or quoting, without giving proper recognition to the person. It also includes students use another student’s work as their own. “Whether paraphrasing, quoting an author directly, or describing an idea that influenced your work, you must credit the original source” (American Psychological Association, 2009, p. 170). Any information obtained from the internet should be referenced by an author and year, not simply by citing a website. If you have any questions regarding whether or not something is or is not plagiarism, it is your responsibility to ask an instructor before submitting your work for a grade. The CSU Writing Center is available to assist you with writing questions and will offer critique of your papers prior to turning them in for a grade.
target=”_blank” rel=””>Click Here to Place Order
Student Name: ________________________________________________
|10||1. Describe health care condition/problem (ie pathophysiology) as told to you by the health care professional|
|10||6. Signs and symptoms|
|10||7. Common treatments|
|5||8. Reference page|
|10||Overall project appearance, grammar, formatting, clarity, logical flow of contents, spelling
1 inch margins, 10 or 12 Times New Roman font, cite references appropriately in text (direct quote versus paraphrasing), appropriate structure of the reference page, sentence structure
Submit a hardcopy of the results of your online plagiarism post test to the instructor by the third day of class. If not received by then, 5 points will be deducted from this assignment.
Note: You must copy and paste this grading sheet into your paper and place it at the end of your paper when you turn it in. Papers without this grading rubric will not be accepted.
Interview Subject’s Name and credentials: _________________________________________________
Subject’s Contact Phone Number/Email: ___________________________________________________
Date and Time of Interview: _________________________________________________________
LMS 05/11, 05/12More Essay Samples: Do Port State Control inspections influence flag-and class-hopping phenomena in shipping? »